VyOS has three release “channels”: nightly builds, monthly snapshots, and LTS releases.
Nightly builds are automatically produced every day and include all latest code from maintainers and community contributors.
They aren’t hand-test before upload, and occasionally may not even boot.
Nightly builds are for you if you…
- want to help us test latest VyOS code
- want to check whether a bug is fixed in the latest code
- made a patch and want to test it before making a pull request
Go to the nightly builds page.
Monthly snapshots receive some testing to ensure they aren’t badly broken. They include all experimental features.
We recommend them for home networks, lab use, and non-critical production routers.
Get them from our snapshots page.
Prebuilt LTS release images are available to people and companies who help us move the project forward.
There are many ways to get access:
- Purchase a software access subscription.
- Get free access with a support subscription.
- Apply for a free subscription as a contributor.
- Apply for a free subscription as an educational instutution, non-profit, or an emergency service.
Or you can build an LTS image from source.